1. Contact your elected representatives and demand that they support and advocate for effective gun violence prevention legislation. Call your U.S. Senators and Representative via the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121 and tell them that you SUPPORT a federal ban on assault weapons, high-capacity ammunition magazines, and “bump fire” stocks and similar devices, and that you OPPOSE legislation that would deregulate firearm silencers and allow federally mandated concealed carry.
2. Make an online tax-deductible contribution to the Violence Policy Center.
Or, engage your friends to take a stand against gun violence. Create your very own online fundraiser in just 10 minutes. Visit the Violence Policy Center’s pages on the crowdfunding sites Crowdrise and Mightycause.
3. Join a local gun violence prevention organization. Visit States United to Prevent Gun Violence, the national umbrella organization for state gun violence prevention organizations to find a group in your state.
4. Write a letter to the editor in your local paper in support of gun violence prevention. Or use social media to support the Violence Policy Center’s efforts to stop gun violence. Visit the Center’s Twitter feed or our Facebook page for tweets and postings detailing the facts about gun violence, as well as effective solutions.
5. Host your very own evening of information and action to educate your friends and community about gun violence while helping support the Violence Policy Center. For an easy how-to guide, simply click here.